Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Beginning!!

Well here goes nothin. It's the first post so lets make it a good one! This past week has been one giant learning experience. There has already been so many things we've gone over and learned in each class. Going to the first class and having ourselves recorded was a surprise. It was a great idea since it made us think off the top of our head and put together a short lesson on the spot.



So I got the video going and I think it was pretty good for a spur of the moment teaching experience In the beginning I was standing there giving instruction a lot to everyone on techniques. I didn't start with a game like I probably should have but it was the first day so its ok. I did go over hand position, where your legs should be and what you should do to get a good set. After I was done talking to everyone, when we divided into pairs, I had each person getting some practice with what I just went over. I probably should have been walking around giving some feedback but I was setting with someone. After when I brought everyone in I went over the techniques checking that everyone remembered. And that pretty much rapped up my mini lesson.

So that was what i thought about some stuff I did when I was teaching. I'll be back soon! Go yankees!

No comments:

Post a Comment